Ruling the Centre since 2006. The Life and Times of a country called Canada. Politics, Culture, and More.

06 January 2010

Scan Me All You Want

I have no problem being scanned while travelling by air. I personally don't view it was an infringement to my right to privacy.

These scanners are too little... almost too late.

If you disagree, feel free to do so, but I think this is a case of where our collective security matters more.

We cannot be free if we live in fear. These scanners will help end that fear. If in fact, as I read today that the Government ordered these scanners months ago, then I congratulate the Harper Government on being ahead on something.

That said, we need more human intelligence. We can't trust machines. I hope that when Parliament resumes, all political parties put forward that we invest in our security services so that we all may be safe - and not rely solely on security measures at airports.

No comments: