Ruling the Centre since 2006. The Life and Times of a country called Canada. Politics, Culture, and More.

25 October 2008

Canada's Most Poopular Leader


He's still here, haunting us. Arguably, Jean Chretien is Canada's most popular living politician. Even for all those who hate him, the facts are undeniably there that he won three back to back majorities.

I won't apologize for his faults or accused scandals, but the guy is unbelievable. He has an unshakable confidence in himself, excluding the 1995 Referendum, but I think that year the entire nation had little confidence. Something which I think our current cabal of leaders lack. Yes, Harper seems confident, but I always get from him that he is unsure of himself.

I'm going to argue that Canada has lacked true leadership on the national stage for quite some time. No one inspires us anymore.

Here's hoping for a great Liberal Convention.

2 comments:

A Eliz. said...

Chretien in his own way was charismatic.That is the fire we need to find. I did like Martin as Prime Minister, also. but he did not have that fire...and a little charisma will help..where is that person.

James M said...

A great summation.

Really I don't know? I think Layton has it, but I don't believe him. I could believe Chretien, or at least convince myself to believe him.